The bird life in Uganda is quite simply spectacular and incredibly diverse. Few countries in Africa can rival what’s on offer. Uganda is home to more than a thousand different species; of those 150 can’t be seen anywhere else in the world.
Around Kabubbu, with its diverse landscape from swamps to rocky outcrops and woods to agricultural land, 188 bird species have been spotted within walking distance of the Resort by Roger Skeen an ornithologist working with Nature Uganda. An ideal introduction to birdwatching in Uganda.
Size : 46.355 Kb
Type : pdf
Uganda's compact size means birdwatchers enjoy easy access to a range of bird-rich habitats that are difficult to reach elsewhere. This is because of its location straddling West African rainforest, East African savannah and the semi-desert of the north.
The Kabubbu Resort Centre can help organise your visit. We can take you to these locations and organise meals, accommodation, park permits and guides to ensure you get the most from your visit. And you can combine trips with our other tours to make your own unique adventure.
Other locations on offer include:
* Mabamba Wetland. South of Kampala, on the shores of Lake Victoria. Species here include Shoebill, Blue Swallow and Papyrus Yellow Warbler.
* Mabira Forest. An hour east of Kampala on the road to Jinja. Home to about 300 bird species including Nahan’s Francolin, Cassin’s hawk eagle and the Paradise flycatcher.
* Kibale Forest. In the south-west, five hours from Kabubbu. Considered by some the best stop for birding. The National Park has 325 bird species and a wealth of expert guides on hand to show visitors what’s there and also in the neighbouring Magombe Swamp.
* Semliki National Park. Set in the foothill of the Rwenzori Mountains just north of Kibale. It boasts a range of 40 Congolese bird species it would be hard to see anywhere else.
* Entebbe, Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth National Park and Murchison Falls also offer a fantastic range of birdlife that’s easier to see than in forest locations - ideal for the first-time birdwatcher.